Go to FFI
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention: Year 2009 is here Wishing a very Happy New Year to all members of FFI. Our new and improved site is ready. To visit main site, click at faithfreedom.org and to visit our new forum, click at forum09.faithfreedom.org and register again. Do not worry about your old forum posts and PM, everything is saved here till 31st December, 2008 for future references.
Massive Terrorist Attack in Madrid
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Faith Freedom International Forum Index -> Breaking News On Islam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MediTerraneus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Massive Terrorist Attack in Madrid Reply with quote

I'm in touch with my co-workers in Madrid..

There have been more explosions in centric streets (i.e. calle Alcalá)

Police is detonating backpacks found here and there... examining street-baskets, etc. Big chaos.

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=81&story_id=5496

Quote:
62 killed as bombs rip through Madrid stations

11 March 2004

MADRID - Three bomb attacks at different train stations in Madrid early Thursday killed at least 62 people and injured 250.

Authorities said the attacks happened at Atocha, which lies in the heart of city station, and two smaller stations, Santa Eugenia and El Pozo, at about 7.30am.

They would have been timed to hit commuters in Madrid in the height of the rush-hour.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far.

Police have been on alert for Basque separatist violence ahead of Sunday's general election.

ETA? Right before the General Elections this next sunday? What for? To give the present Party PP (which is a Spanish Nationalist Conservative leadered by President Aznar) the absolute majority???

My foot.

Moreover, not their 'style' (so far..)

1) No previous warning in a newspaper.

2) Consecutive attacks in diverse points.

3) In public centric places.

4) At rush-hours..

This stinks Al Qaeda. And today is 11th...

Let's wait and see..

-------

Updating:

131 victims and 400 wounded.

For what I'm reading in the digital spanish Press, the governing Party (PP) is making a substantious campaign in their benefit, on behalf of this terrorist attack.. whose responsibility has not been claimed for by any terrorist organization yet.

http://www.elpais.es/
Frodo Baggins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Massive Terrorist Attack in Madrid Reply with quote

MediTerraneus wrote:

Let's wait and see..

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I'm almost certain this is Al-Qaida. Both the form and the size of this terror attack makes it highly unlikely that ETA is behind. It's a revenge for the Spanish involvement in the Iraq war - and the start of major terror attacks in Europe. It won't be the last, I'm afraid........
Behzad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind terror attacks is highly look like & stink of "Al Qaeda" work!
MediTerraneus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Massive Terrorist Attack in Madrid Reply with quote

Frodo Baggins wrote:
MediTerraneus wrote:

Let's wait and see..

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I'm almost certain this is Al-Qaida. Both the form and the size of this terror attack makes it highly unlikely that ETA is behind. It's a revenge for the Spanish involvement in the Iraq war - and the start of major terror attacks in Europe. It won't be the last, I'm afraid........

You know... In a way... I wish it was Al-Qaida.. but I don't know... All mass media are giving for granted it's been ETA.. even the Basque Government..

No official declaration on the part of ETA: no confirmation, no refutation... nothing.. Tst, merde...

Thanks a lot for your sympathy, Frodo.
Iznogoodh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's wait for some more detailed information. At present, we know nothing.

Iznogoodh
brigitte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETA has now officially denied being involved in those terrorist attacks.
Not that anyone was fooled and doubted that islamism is behind this.
Another series of prooves that islam is really a religion of peace...
Dar ul kafirien is Dar ul harb, don't forget.

Brigitte

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
MediTerraneus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brigitte wrote:
ETA has now officially denied being involved in those terrorist attacks.
Not that anyone was fooled and doubted that islamism is behind this.
Another series of prooves that islam is really a religion of peace...
Dar ul kafirien is Dar ul harb, don't forget.

Brigitte

GOOD! Thanks a lot Brigitte.

Gonna read El Pais again.

*smooch*
Jussavin M. Butt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Has the cauldron begin to boil? Reply with quote

It cannot be the Basque seperatists. These blasts bear the charecteristic stamp allahs (Satan) zombie slaves.
The utter insanity of this makes my blood boil.
How many poor innocent people must die before their evil swords are put down forever?
What can we do to make take away the cover of the silent moderate muslims behind whom lurk the evil fundamentalists?
How many of the local Islamists knew about the blasts before the occurred?
Frodo Baggins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=1&u=/ap/20040311/ap_on_re_eu/spain_explosion

Arnold Otegi, leader of Batasuna, an outlawed Basque party linked to the armed separatist group, denied it was behind the blasts and suggested "Arab resistance" elements were responsible. Otegi told Radio Popular in San Sebastian that ETA always phones in warnings before it attacks. The interior minister said there was no warning before Thursday's attack. "The modus operandi, the high number of victims and the way it was carried out make me think, and I have a hypothesis in mind, that yes it may have been an operative cell from the Arab resistance," Otegi said. Otegi noted that Spain's government backed the Iraq war.

Arab "resistance"????? When the heck are people going to drop the new speech? If this isn't "terrorism", than what is?
MediTerraneus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frodo Baggins wrote:

Arnold Otegi, leader of Batasuna, an outlawed Basque party linked to the

Arab "resistance"????? When the heck are people going to drop the new speech? If this isn't "terrorism", than what is?

Arnaldo Otegi is further and above the even politically correct statements.

He is a stout anarchist and the word 'terrorist' is 'tabu'.. a word used only by the 'reactionary right wing' blabla.. ;-)

Anyway, 'Islamic terrorists' would be a more accurate denomination.

It is time that mass media defines that islamic terrorism is broader than Al-Qaida. It is not merely a small portion of islamic 'fundies'.

I wonder what proportion of sunnies are against Al-Qaida.

--------

Still, no declarations on the part of ETA... Only Otegi's wishful thinking.. :-(

-------

Funny. Spanish mass media are silent about Otegi's words!

I had to find out through you guys... amazing... *rolling eyes*

Of course, if it turns out that is has NOT been an ETA terrorist attack but Al-Qaida's, Aznar and his PP party will have a tough time next Sunday in the urnes.

-------

P.S. I've just realized that I started a new topic. Sorry, my aim was to post this within the NEWS ITEMS.. *rolling eyes* If there's a way to include it now.. go ahead. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Karin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medi,

My deepest sympathies to you and the loss of your countrymen from this vile terror attack. Your own 11th.....this is terrible. Please keep us posted as to breaking news.

"Arab resistance?" Please.
MrHappy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the 600 odd people that were injured in this attrocity will term their attackers. I am certain the term "Arab resistance" will not be heard.
Arctic Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, given the gravity of the situation, I think I'll log on to El Pais and brush up on my deteriorating Spanish. Damn, and then to think I used to live in Madrid and know these places very well...

EDIT: Hmm, the biggest Spanish newspaper El Pais DOES have something about Al-Qaeda. According to the opinion of Josep Ramoneda the attacks bear the Al-Qaeda mark. It's here but is in Spanish. Maybe Medi can help translate as I now realize how weak my Spanish has become

Regards,
AW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is horrifying and horrible. May whatever god there is, if there is one, bless and keep these innocent victims in a better place than here.

My condolences to you Medi and your countrymen. May they find the scum that did this quickly and punish them ASAP.

EDIT: Jihad Unspun is claiming it is the work of Islamists:

http://www.jihadunspun.com/intheatre_internal.php?article=96680&list=/home.php&
agentazure

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart goes out to all the victims and families and everyone else affected by this horror.

It sure seems like the works of Al-Qaeda to me.

Here's some comments from different European leaders

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4505124/

Quote:
Using terms like "a declaration of war on democracy," European leaders were quick to condemn the attacks that killed dozens in Madrid Thursday. Below's a sampling of what's being said:

advertisement

“It is an outrageous, unjustified and unjustifiable attack on the Spanish people and Spanish democracy.”
“There is a general election due in Spain on Sunday. What happened today is a declaration of war on democracy. Let Sunday show that Spanish democracy is determined to overcome terrorism.”
--European Parliament President Pat Cox

----------------

“This is not a political act, it is criminal act against defenseless people ... a perverse act of terrorists.”
--European Commission President Romano Prodi

----------------

The “timing of the bombings was clearly designed to wreak the greatest level of havoc ... and cannot be justified by any political cause.”
--Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern, who holds the EU presidency

----------------

“This terrible attack underlines the threat that we all continue to face from terrorism in many countries and why we all must work together internationally to safeguard our peoples against such attacks, and defeat terrorism.”
--British Prime Minister Tony Blair

----------------

“These despicable terror acts that have claimed so many victims fill us with deep sadness and outrage.”
--German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer

----------------

Madrid blasts
• Latest developments
• 'War zone' in city
• World condemnation
• ETA timeline

“In these horrifying circumstances, I extend in my name and in the name of the French people, my most sincere condolences.”
--French President Jacques Chirac

----------------

“An end must be put to this. As never before, it is vital to unite forces of the entire world community against terror.”
--Russian President Vladimir Putin

----------------

“The Holy Father (Pope John Paul II) reiterates his firm and absolute disapproval of such actions that offend God, violate the fundamental right to life and undermine peaceful coexistence.”
--Vatican on behalf of Pope John Paul II

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Faith Freedom International Forum Index -> Breaking News On Islam All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: